Troops rescue seven more victims of attack on travellers in Jos
Federal troops in Plateau State also known as Operation Safe Haven on Sunday said seven more victims had been rescued following Saturday’s attacks on travellers in Rukuba Road community, Jos North Local Government Area of the state.
The PUNCH reports that twelve victims had earlier been rescued by the troops during the attacks which also left a total of 22 persons dead while several others were injured.
The victims were said to be returning from the annual Zikr prayer in Bauchi State and heading for Ikare in Ondo State when they ran into irate youths mourning their kinsmen earlier killed by suspected herdsmen.
In a statement on Sunday, the Military Information Officer for Operation Safe Haven, Major Ishaku Takwa said the seven victims rescued during the latest operation had been taken to a safe place for medical attention.
The statement said, “Troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN (OPSH) has today Sunday, 15 August 2021, rescued seven more victims of Rukuba Road attack on commuters yesterday.
“The victims have been taken to a safe place for medical attention and care.
“The troops are still on search operation to get the remaining missing victims.”